Maintaining a clean and well-kept office is important for both employees and clients; when there is less mess, the workplace becomes more of a positive and efficient setting. At Anago Atlanta, we understand the necessity of a hygienic business due to the helpful impact it has on workers. And, office cleaning is something that should be done daily! When an office falls behind and starts to clutter, it can lead to sickness, poor work ethic and sluggishness. It is important to create an atmosphere that is both encouraging and healthy. Here are a few easy steps to ensure you stay sanitized and organized while at work.
Things to watch out for:
- Bathroom handles
- Community kitchens (sink, microwave, shared foods)
- Wash hands with warm water – Whether employed in a large or small office, it is inevitable to touch the same surfaces as coworkers. Warm water and soap helps kill some of these shared germs. This is especially important for people who frequently touch their face.
- Clean out the fridge –It is important to keep a sanitary area where food is stored in order to prevent a smelly kitchen. Look for foods that are expired and toss them. If liquids spill, wipe them up to prevent a sticky mess.
- Bring hand sanitizer – While washing hands with warm water is beneficial, it does not cure all. Keep hand sanitizer at the desk to use periodically throughout the day and stay even more protected.
- Do not eat at your desk – Eating lunch or breakfast at the desk leads to potential crumbs and food messes that can cause stains, start to smell and invite critters. Leave the food for the lunch room or lounge and your personal work space will be much better off.
- Disinfect surfaces you touch – This especially applies to the keyboard and mouse. Employees who sit at computers for long hours are bound to type frequently and vigorously. In order to protect hands from germs, disinfect any touchable surface to prevent getting sick.
- Chuck the junk – Clutter can lead to disorganization and getting behind. Go through the office desk and toss old notes, pens that no longer work, loose or stretched out paperclips, food wrappers, loose tacks and staples, etc. This is all untidiness that takes up space and causes dust. Perhaps using organizers, such a bins and containers, would be good.
Help your business get off on the right foot by scheduling a session with us today. Let Anago Atlanta do the deep cleaning to set a spotless base for your office!